DecoArt So Soft Fabric Paint - Lamp Black 1.15oz
DecoArt So Soft Fabric Paint is the softest fabric acrylic available. Once dry, it is extremely soft and flexible to the touch. It adheres to all textiles and will not crack, peel, or harden even after repeated use and washings.
The colours are opaque and give excellent coverage making them suitable to use on both light and dark fabrics. This range of fabric paint is a great choice for adding your designs to clothing and other fabric items, but you can also use this paint with stamps, sponges and stencils.
If you would like to move from painting on to card and wood and move onto fabric, we recommend you to use scrap fabric to practice on first. Fabric is more absorbent by nature and so you will find your paint runs out a lot quicker and your brush moves differently.
Unlike some others, these fabric paints require no heat setting.
Instructions on using these paints:
- Make sure your fabric is clean.
- Wash as per the items instructions without any softener and leave to dry.
- Place a piece of card under your item or between the layers of fabric to prevent any paint going through to the other layer.
- Apply with a brush, sponge, or stamp.
- Remove the cardboard and allow to dry for 48-72 hours.
- Once the item is completely dry, wash inside-out on a gentle cycle.
- Hang to dry or dry on low heat. (Do not dry clean).
Please note: If you are working with a highly textured fabric, we recommend base coating the area with DecoArt's So Soft Transparent Medium first to make it easier to paint on.