Flat Brush Lessons Online Classroom & Booklets
The lessons in this collection will teach you the foundation of Folk Art painting using the Flat Brush.
Each Lesson includes
- Online Classroom access
- Full Colour Instruction Booklet
- Photocopy of inspirational quotes
- Rosebuds will teach you how to double blend and master the 'C' and 'S' Strokes.
- Oriental Blossom will teach you how to double blend and introduce you to the Pivot Stroke.
- Butterflies will take your Pivot Stroke one step further as you learn to master the Ruffled Pivot Stroke.
- Cupcakes & Babushka Lessons will take you step by step through the popular 'Floating' technique which is used to create highlight and shading to your project.
- All the lessons in the Flat Brush Course teaches you how to use a photocopy and DecoArt Matt Medium to apply text to your projects.
You will need the following Art Supplies to complete this lesson which you can find here:
- No 8 Flat Brush
- Liner Brush
- Basecoating Brush
- Dotting Tool
- Transfer Paper
We have used the following DecoArt Americana Colours & Mediums, but feel free to replace with similar colours of your choice:
- DecoArt Matt Medium
- Titanium White
- Antique Rose (this has unfortunately now been discontinued by DecoArt)
- Soft Black
Art supplies used in this course are available to purchase individually here
Once you've learnt these skills you'll be able to use them to paint anything from a gift tag to upcycling a piece of furniture.