Flat Brush Lessons DVD & Booklet
This course will teach you the foundation of Folk Art painting using the Flat Brush.
Purchase the full course (Five Lessons) or choose your favourite individual lessons.
Each Lesson includes
- DVD Tutorial
- Full Colour Instruction Book
- Photocopy of inspirational quotes
- Rosebuds will teach you how to double blend and master the 'C' and 'S' Strokes.
- Oriental Blossom will teach you how to double blend and introduce you to the Pivot Stroke.
- Butterflies will take your Pivot Stroke one step further as you learn to master the Ruffled Pivot Stroke.
- Cupcakes & Babushka Lessons will take you step by step through the popular 'Floating' technique which is used to create highlight and shading to your project.
- All the lessons in the Flat Brush Course teaches you how to use a photocopy and DecoArt Matt Medium to apply text to your projects.
You will need the following Art Supplies to complete this lesson which you can find here:
- No 8 Flat Brush
- Liner Brush
- Basecoating Brush
- Dotting Tool
- Transfer Paper
We have used the following DecoArt Americana Colours & Mediums, but feel free to replace with similar colours of your choice:
- DecoArt Matt Medium
- Titanium White
- Antique Rose (this has unfortunately now been discontinued by DecoArt)
- Soft Black
Art supplies used in this course are available to purchase individually here
Once you've learnt these skills you'll be able to use them to paint anything from a gift tag to upcycling a piece of furniture.